Wednesday 9 September 2009

NAIJA LOVE

Naija Love

Roses are Red,
Diamonds are blue,
You make my heart skip a beat,
True talk, every time I see you.

Confessions don’t have to be bad
They don’t always have to make one sad
This thing I want to tell you
Walai ta Lai, is especially for you.

Call it a cliché, Laugh if you want,
I bet after you’ve heard, you’ll feel special
You are the only sugar in my tea,
The only Cockroach in my Cupboard;
You make the sun rise from the east, and
Set in front of my house.

You are the only oil for my lantern
The inspiration to my thoughts,
You are the credit to my mobile
The only water in my garri

To God eh, you were created specially,
Crafted with art; You were drafted with
Talent, established with skill.
Walahi, if you say no to me my heart eh,
My heart no go beat again.

This is not a western way of professing my love
You’ve read it in Shakespeare; It has
No significance.
This is a language your ears understand, though your pride
Rejects it.
Any way sha, truth be say
I love you well well.

No comments:

Post a Comment