Sunday 10 July 2011

Bad Day? Bad Life


Car parked, Two Piece Suit
Sweat pouring down, Busy Street
In you go, out with a bag,
A hit, Items fall, Eggs cracked

Stressed, Cigarettes and a hiss
It’s blazing hot and I see you’re pissed
Seat on the pavement, I’m behind you,
Al fresco with this sandwich, its tastes good

You turn, a smile I ask how you are
“Bad day at work, don’t feel like I’m going far,
I work all day without a decent break
Not enough holidays or time off for Christ’s sake!”

Another puff of the stick, yes get your temporary high
Life’s a bitch, we live it and only God knows why
Tell me more ‘bout your day
Your anger seems to be making my day

“The pay is crap, can’t do much ‘cause it takes the piss
With it, I can only eat, join the gym and play some tennis
Fuel Prices rising, I don’t know if I can keep my car
Struggling with the mortgage, I’m making fewer visits to my local bar.
Anyway, I’m leaving now have a nice day”

You get up; I see your designer belt
This heart to heart we’ve shared is definitely not heartfelt
Walk to the car I wonder, “did this fool ask about my day?”
Talk ‘bout yourself don’t care what I might have had to say.
Key’s in the keyhole, the turn, Ignition, You’re off
My bed’s made, “This Park should be quiet tonight”
My dinner would be that lady’s left over Chinese
Perhaps these eighty pence can buy some drinks.
“Park warden better not work tonight, or it’s under the bridge again
He thought he’d had a bad day, he’s seen me,
He’ll be thinking again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment