Thursday 7 July 2011

YOU


YOU
You’ve picked the perfect time to drive me up the wall
Less than a thousand miles between us, but I can’t even call
Sometimes I think about the times I made you laugh
Then I find myself wanting to see you smile

Then like a flash it hits me
Maybe we aren’t meant to be
Damn I wish I could get you outta my head
You’re like my bug, my drug the thing that’ll leave me dead


Now I wish that I could hold you close tonight
Did I tell you I dreamt of you and it all was bright?
You were the star that brought me outta the dark
On my cheek you planted that kiss; oh boy it felt like we had a spark

I wish you felt what I feel, I sometimes think you do
My back turned to you I feel the warmth of your lips on my neck
Then I pull you closer our fingers entwined the world seems perfect
Pure silence but I can feel each heart beat

Shall I tell you I love you, shall I keep it to myself
In my dreams it’s all perfect yet it seems so close and real when I’m with you
Every second treasured, every hug loved I want more of you
Maybe I will maybe I wouldn’t, internally you remain
Ever so close to me, ever so close to me

No comments:

Post a Comment