Thursday 7 July 2011

HEINZ


HEINZ
There is a striking similarity between a human and a can of baked beans
That is that we both expire; however a can of baked beans is luckier
Its expiration date is known to all
The owner and the tin itself know one day, it will be consumed
 
The can of baked beans serves its purpose in life
Which is to remain in the tin until the day it is consumed
All cans, regardless of where they are sold or their make
They all serve this purpose and serve it well
 
The Human however has its own purpose in life
That purpose is to live! Just live until that date comes close
How many humans do this is a question I ask myself as I write now
How many, my answer is FEW!
 
We spend our lives planning, We spend our lives judging
We spend our lives hating, We spend our lives loving
We spend our lives saving, We spend our lives spending
We spend our lives fighting, Which sometimes hastens our dying
 
But we are in a way better than the tin of baked beans
We have the ablilty to think, to breathe, to run
We can walk, we talk, we can achieve
Yet we sometimes forget to just live!!
 
So tonight I've made a decision
That I will live for no one and I will die for no one
That when I plan, I'll not forget to live
That when I frown, I'll remember to smile
That when my expiration comes, I'll smile and say:
I beat you to it Heinz!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment